Monday, November 10, 2008

5K & A&M Footbal Game

On saturday I woke up around 7:45 and decided that I was going to participate in the local 5k run. It was located at Wolf Pen park, which is actually a really nice park with a few trails, and was a fundraiser run for animals. Misi didn't go with me because he isn't a long distance runner and he just didn't really want to go, so I went alone. I met up with some members of our ward who ran it which made it nice. Thank you to Cat for the encouragement and for letting me know about the race! I did pretty good even though I have a belly. I did wear a belly brace which helped a ton-and my 'run' was actually a very slow jog and I even walked for a bit of it just because it would have been a little too much I think. Other then that, I had such a good time and can't wait to do more!

After I got home from the run we got ready for the Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma game. Misi got a sideline pass and I sat with Prince in the stands. The entire day was beautiful and the weather couldn't have been better! Prince and I almost didn't make it into the game because our tickets were student tickets only-they told us we would have to go and pay the other half of the ticket to get into the game. Thankfully, we were with Misi, and sure enough he worked his crazy magic and talked to the guy who let us in. I honestly don't know how he does it-but that is typical of Misi. So as I said, our tickets are were in the student section, and if you've been to an A&M game, you know that the student section is WAY over crowded and you aren't aloud to sit at any part of the game. So, Prince and I ended up finding a seat on the grass at the end of the field which was directly under the BIG screen. It ended up being really nice because we got to watch the whole game without being squished inbetween people. A&M didn't win but we had a lot of fun watching their last home game at Kyle Field.



This would be the student section that we would have had to sit in....

And here is the screen we got to watch the game from...we literally were right underneath it!

3 comments:

Carsen and Lesina said...

That is amazing that you are prego and can do a 5k. Great job. im sure you hubby just threatened the guy, so he had to let you guys in lol.

Troy and Segi said...

I don't even do 5ks and I am not pregnant. You're amazing!

Fields Family said...

wow youre my new HERO!