Friday, January 23, 2009


Palo Taupou aLemanuoletuasiviefagotaitaielua Lillie Tupe
It started Tuesday after my appointment.. I was in a lot of pain from the appointment, and it just never stopped. My contractions were coming consistently every four minutes, so that's when I decided to call Tiffany to see if she wanted to go walking with me. So Tiff and I went walking for about 45 min and while walking, we timed the contractions, and the walking made them come every three minutes. After we got done walking, I went to homemaking with my mom, and during that, I continued to keep track of the contractions, and they were coming every four minutes. The pain from the contractions kept getting worse as the night went on, and it wasnt until I couldn't stand it anymore that we finally decided to go in and have them check me.
(11:30pm)When I got there, I was dialated to a four, and still 70% effaced, but the nurse said I had a very soft cervix. They monitored me for an hour, and when the nurse came back, I was still dialated to a four, but she said some other things had changed, so she went and called the Dr. to see what he thought. (12:30 am)When she came back into the room a few minutes later and said "Are you ready to have a baby?!" So... I was a little shocked, but very excited. So from there she took me in and got me all hooked up, gave me my epidural, and broke my water. Everything just went really fast from there. The whole time I could not stop saying how happy and grateful I was for the epidural! It made everything so much nicer and more comfortable! It was about 3:00am when I was dialated to a 7, then by about 4:00am I was at a 9. They had me start pushing at about 4:20, then when the Dr. got there, I pushed 3 to 4 more times until she finally came out! I ended up having an episiotomy (level 2) because I was too small. After she came out (4:54), they let me hold her, and I just couldn't believe that I had just given birth! I remember looking at her hands and feet and telling Misi how HUGE they were! She didn't cry much. She had a little bit if fluid on her lungs, but overall was very healthy. She weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. We just think that she is everything we could have asked for and more! She is the best baby and we couldn't be more blessed to have her! I know I might be a little biased, but she is the cutest baby in the world! She is changing more and more every day, and she definitely looks like her daddy!
As for myself, I have been in a lot of pain and haven't been able to get up and walk around. I did something to my tailbone during delivery as well, so it is really sore. Misi has been such an unbelievable help! He does everything for me whether I ask or not. He hasn't complained once and has been such a trooper! He loves his girls! :) My mom and sister have also been helping me out a ton too, since I cant get up and walk around and move as much. Overall, it has been a tough, but very rewarding experience. We couldn't be more blessed to have such a beautiful little baby!
(Look at how BIG her feet are!)

1 comment:

Lavs said...

why do you look like you didn't even have a baby!!! g'd for you Whit!!! She's is beautiful just like her mama!!! Misi must be the proudest newest Dad in town!!! <3